Friday, January 16, 2015

2015 No Shopping Challenge

So it has been awhile, I dont think I have the "blogger" dicipline. But it is the new year and with that comes all these promises we make to ourselves, eat better, clean out that closet, stop spending so much money........ ect ect. Ive made some new choices myself and wanted to share my journey which many women who love fashion would cringe at. 

I stole this idea from a friend who seemed to be successful at this challenge. I was curious to see how it would change my life? I am not going to buy any pieces of clothing for 1 whole year (socks and underwear excluded)! Yikes! The idea scares me but it totally interests me into seeing how much of myself might change. I have managed to successfully do it for 6 months and it was tough but I think I can do the whole year! So here goes nothing, literally :P

Step 1: Rid myself of any temptations. For example all those emails from retailers letting you know whats sparkly and new. Those must go or filter them into that nifty "Promotions" tab in Gmail and pray you never look in there.

Step 2: Anytime I feel the urge to go to the mall and just "window shop" ill go to the gym instead. Man Im gonna look wicked after this.

Step 3: Try and find inspiration for the clothes I have now.

We live in a society where ads are thrown into our paths left right and center. Now with Instagram , FCBK, and online shopping companies can blast photos of beautiful women in beautiful clothes. No words needed, no catch phrases, just a link where all you need is a credit card number.  I want to try and free my brain of what it has been hard wired to respond to.

My goal is to try and live simply and simply live.

s.kim

No comments:

Post a Comment